Phew! I did it. I finished the Treasure Pocket Pants just in time. I really wasn't sure if I was going to make it this time.
I'd run into the problem of not having enough fabric to finish cutting the pattern early in the month. I had an image in my head of how I wanted the pants to look and so I had to reorder fabric and wait for it to come.
Once I'd received the denim dyed Linen, I was set to go . . . until I realized I needed to print off the pattern correction.
Once I'd taken care of that, I ran into a time crunch with preparing the house for my parent's arrival, and just when I thought I was ready for all of that . . .
the house fell under the wrath of a stomach bug.
Thanks to my parents, I was able to finish them up this afternoon and while they are not the greatest pictures, at least I have a few action shots to share.
The side panels,waist and hem bands were done in Robert Kaufman's, Metro Living Dots in Orange. The closer I look at these photos, the more I think the buttons have to go, but I love, love, love the pockets.
I ended up leaving the the hem facing as a cuff, but I imagine as the weather improves and the boys are wearing sandals more often, I'll need to take these up.
For now, I'm just happy they are finished. Thank you so, so much for following along with me ladies. There is NO WAY, I'd have finished this months pattern if not for this group.
Pop on over tomorrow for the May pattern announcement. I hope you'll be as excited as I am when you see what it is.