I finally sat down and got to work on a kitchen chair project that had begun to collect dust. This baby was one of the garbage grabs I told you about in this post. I know it's been a long time coming, but I went back and forth so many times on how I wanted it to look. Would the chair be a bright color with a contrasting fabric to go with my future home or keep with the farm-house look of my current kitchen. I finally had to just jump in and get started.
All it really needed was a few touch ups. I did need to throw together a few extra nails and some wood glue to strengthen the frame but all in all it was in decent shape for being left out in the trash.
A coat of black spray paint, a French grain sack and some poly-fil stuffing I already had on hand allowed me to complete this project for under $30.
I haven't decided yet whether to go back and distress a bit. You can see from the back that the fate of living in a family of boys has already taken it's toll. Not to mention the fact that in the time I finished the chair and the two days it took for enough sun to come out for decent pictures, they managed to spill chocolate cereal milk on the burlap.